Volunteer Book Reviewer for the Wiener Library
The Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust and Genocide is recruiting three Volunteer Book Reviewers. They are looking for committed and enthusiastic students (Masters or PhD level in a relevant discipline) to review new books on the Holocaust and genocide selected by the Library.
You will need:
- BA degree in a relevant academic discipline
- Experience in reading and evaluating academic texts
- Excellent subject knowledge (World War 2, Nazism, Holocaust and genocide) and a willingness to learn more
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written English language skills
- Foreign language skills, German particularly (desirable).
You will gain:
- Knowledge of the Wiener Library's unique collections and mission.
- Access to recently published academic works in the field before they become widely available.
- Publication of review on The Wiener Library's website subject to satisfaction of requirements.
- Possibility to take on more responsibility as a volunteer at the Library.
Volunteer Reviewers will be expected to commit to doing at least one review and keep to a deadline for producing that review.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a short covering letter briefly explaining your interest in the role and your skills and experience.